Rename of system commands doesn't work.

I renamed the system commands eject and eject all.

They now do not work - they instead work as internet search terms.

Even if you change back to eject and eject all they still do not work.

It might just be that you don't have any removable media plugged in. Try changing the scope under the 'eject' preferences to 'Local Mounted Volumes'

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to help sub-forum]

That is not the problem.

I have found another reference to this problem here - http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/924-ejectall-stopped-working-with-v20/

It does appear to be a bug - it doesn't work as you might expect unless you specify "Local Mounted Volumes" in the eject drop down i.e. "Removable Media" (the default) doesn't work.

My next question is if this was originally posted on "15 March 2013 - 02:24 PM"  then why does someone from Alfred not acknowledge or fix it.

I don't like these forums where users of software are supposed to figure out the bugs for themselves.

That is not the problem.

I have found another reference to this problem here - http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/924-ejectall-stopped-working-with-v20/

It does appear to be a bug - it doesn't work as you might expect unless you specify "Local Mounted Volumes" in the eject drop down i.e. "Removable Media" (the default) doesn't work.

My next question is if this was originally posted on "15 March 2013 - 02:24 PM"  then why does someone from Alfred not acknowledge or fix it.

I don't like these forums where users of software are supposed to figure out the bugs for themselves.

Hi Alan,

I gave the same answer in that thread as I gave to you… there is no bug, you simply need to set the volumes you want to see in the eject commands. The 3 different types are defined by OS X itself, Alfred is simply passing these options on to you.

"Removable Media" only represents e.g. USB keys and SD cards, so you'll likely need to select "Local Mounted Volumes" if the default isn't showing the drives you want to see.

Also, I am the creator of Alfred and am very active on this forum. You'll see in the thread you linked to how I responded immediately (within 2 minutes) with the solution… in the same way as I responded to you here. I'd hope that this isn't just another one of "these forums" :)

Cheers,

Andrew