Remember the last typed parameter

kevinmp

Sometimes I find that I want to redo a built-in or custom search using the same parameter. For example I may search IMDB and then decide I'd like search Wikipedia for the exact same thing. It would be great to have a user-defined string or meta character that meant "same as before". For example I could type CMD/Space imdb titanic and then later CMD/Space wiki @, where I'd set @ as the "same again" string.

Sometimes I find that I want to redo a built-in or custom search using the same parameter. For example I may search IMDB and then decide I'd like search Wikipedia for the exact same thing. It would be great to have a user-defined string or meta character that meant "same as before". For example I could type CMD/Space imdb titanic and then later CMD/Space wiki @, where I'd set @ as the "same again" string.

In Alfred's Advanced prefs tab, you can choose under "History" to store the typed queries, so that pressing the up arrow in Alfred's empty search field will show your recent queries. You can also tell Alfred to remember the last typed query for 5 minutes, so that if you've typed "imdb ironman", popping the Alfred window back up within 5 minutes will show you that query again.

• 4 months later...