Rebuild Mac cannot import preferences

gr4z

Hi

I have rebuilt my Mac recently and had my Sync folder file saved off on Skydrive. Now when I try and use this Sync folder it blanks the file existing in there and rebuilds another. I have loads of workflows I want to use, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks 

Gr4z

Hi

I have rebuilt my Mac recently and had my Sync folder file saved off on Skydrive. Now when I try and use this Sync folder it blanks the file existing in there and rebuilds another. I have loads of workflows I want to use, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks 

Gr4z

Alfred doesn't delete any files if the name already exists in the location you've set, and would just use the file that's there.

I don't know how Skydrive works, but it may be worth setting your sync location somewhere local on your Mac (e.g. on your Desktop) temporarily to see if everything works. If Alfred sees and changes the preferences normally there, it may be that Skydrive isn't a suitable service for syncing your preferences.

OK thanks for your reply but wherever I place the file, none of the workflows appear. I can interrogate the file and see loads of workflows...alfred just doesn't seem them or use the alfred.alfredpreferences file. Weird...

Edited by gr4z

OK thanks for your reply but wherever I place the file, none of the workflows appear. I can interrogate the file and see loads of workflows...alfred just doesn't seem them or use the alfred.alfredpreferences file. Weird...

Could you please zip up your alfred.alfredpreferences file and email it to info@alfredapp com so that we can take a look? Andrew will take a look and see whether there's anything unusual in there that could cause an issue. :)

Thanks Vero, I managed to source the problem in the end. Skydrive had not completed its sync since rebuilding the Mac! So the preferences file was incomplete. Being more patient I waited until this had finished and restarted Alfred - all OK now :)

Thanks for your help.