How EXACTLY does the clipboard manager interface behave?

I'm thinking of purchasing the power pack, primarily to get the clipboard manager.

I am coming from Windows where I used Ditto for clipboard management and clearly I've been spoiled since I've tried 7 or 8 clipboard managers for Mac and found none of them satisfactory for various reasons, so the promise of "clipboard management" in itself does not persuade me.

What I got in ditto that I desperately don't want to be without,

in ditto:

hit shortcut key, type 'email', hit enter: get the most recent clipboard item with 'email' in it; no limit to how many items saved in history.

some apps have had this functionality, but the interface is not acceptable.. IE.. hit shortcut key, tab over to the text entry window, type some text, hit enter, tab over to the first result and hit enter.

having to hit one other shortcut key (while unnecessary) would be acceptable to me.. 

Ditto also has the ability to save snippets specifically, but the main app is so robust i never felt the need to learn how to do this :P

Cheers guys :)

Edited by cutcopypaste

I'm thinking of purchasing the power pack, primarily to get the clipboard manager.

Here's a little more detail on how Alfred's clipboard works.

You use a hotkey (Cmd + Alt + V by default) to bring up the Clipboard viewer, which will show you the items you recently copied to your clipboard. It's the forward item on this screenshot (I had to borrow one from our website as my personal clipboard contains private info :) )

clipboard_snippets%402x.jpg

Once you can see this panel, you can start typing "email" and all items containing "email" will be filtered down on the left. If the top item isn't the one you want, scroll down until you find the one you want (You'll see the summary of the snippet on the right-hand panel) or access it using Cmd + number for the top items.

Alfred's clipboard is exclusively plain text, so formatting is stripped as you paste the clipboard content. (You can also use a workflow to create a "Paste as Plain Text" hotkey to save you time when pasting the last item you copied)

You can see the Clipboard history settings here:

http://support.alfredapp.com/features:clipboard

In the settings you can choose:

- Which apps Alfred should ignore (e.g. password apps)

- How long Alfred should remember your clips for (24 hours to 3 months)

You can also create text snippets if you want some re-usable bits of text like your address or signature. You access these through the same clipboard hotkey, where you'll see "All Snippets" at the top.

Keeping in mind I've never used Ditto before, hopefully this gives you a better idea of how the clipboard history works :)