email from contacts in groups doesn't work

diegoborgh

Hi,

when I use Alfred to open a contact, when I press enter in the email field it opens my email app with that email selected.

But when that contact is part of a group, pressing enter does nothing.

Thanks!

Hi Diego,

Could you try a few different contacts to see whether you can replicate this with any contacts in a group vs not in a group? I've been testing this and can't replicate it; all of my contacts open in emails, regardless of belonging to a group or not in Contacts.app

Are you contacts in your Mail.app and are their email addresses in a valid format?

If you can, please provide some more details. If you don't want to post contact details in public, you can email info@alfredapp com to keep your contacts private. :)

Cheers,

Vero

[Note: Moving out of bug reports and into Investigating section]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vero,

I think I found the problem, the email address that was giving me the error has a double dot, xxx@ca.rr.com

This email address is valid, I think Alfred is not interpreting it as email. All other "normal" email addresses in groups work fine.

Thanks!

Hi Vero,

I think I found the problem, the email address that was giving me the error has a double dot, xxx@ca.rr.com

This email address is valid, I think Alfred is not interpreting it as email. All other "normal" email addresses in groups work fine.

Thanks!

I've also tested this theory and numerous .co.uk and .com.au, etc addresses work just fine out of my address book.

Could you please launch your Contacts app and check what field type the @ca.rr.com address is in? You need to make sure it's in an email field, as if it's in a Notes field, or some other field type where it's not recognised as an email address, it won't be launched in your email client.

If you're seeing the issue with one particular contact and no other, I would recommend creating a new contact card for them from scratch, then deleting the old one. That way, if anything was entered in the wrong fields, you'll be able to fix this as you create the new one :)

Cheers,

Vero