Key-release events seem to get swallowed sometimes

kstrauser

I'm using Alfred 2.1.1 on OS X 10.9.2.

I created a workflow to assign the ctrl+command+L hotkey to "System Command: Lock". Sometimes when I trigger that hotkey and log out, the keyboard acts like the control key is stuck down: most keys don't work, "A" goes to the beginning of the line, "E" goes the end, "K" deletes to the end of the line, etc. That's unless I'm holding down the option key - then I can press letter keys and see my password string growing. By happy accident, I discovered that I can press ctrl+Q and get back to normal control so that I can log back in.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time by pressing ctrl+command+L, releasing only "L", then releasing ctrl+command a second or so later.

I'm using Alfred 2.1.1 on OS X 10.9.2.

I created a workflow to assign the ctrl+command+L hotkey to "System Command: Lock". Sometimes when I trigger that hotkey and log out, the keyboard acts like the control key is stuck down: most keys don't work, "A" goes to the beginning of the line, "E" goes the end, "K" deletes to the end of the line, etc. That's unless I'm holding down the option key - then I can press letter keys and see my password string growing. By happy accident, I discovered that I can press ctrl+Q and get back to normal control so that I can log back in.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time by pressing ctrl+command+L, releasing only "L", then releasing ctrl+command a second or so later.

This may be an unavoidable issue relating to the fact that Lock instantly suspends a session.

Could you try opening the hotkey settings in your workflow, right clicking and changing the trigger mode to "Wait until modifier keys are released" instead of a simulated release. This may well work around this issue as they lock command definitely won't happen until the modifier keys are physically released on your keyboard.

Cheers,

Andrew