Alfred vs Keynote

andycactus

Using latest Alfred v2.2

Using Keynote 6.2 (1861)

MacOSX 10.9.2

Problem:

Pressing the Alfred Hotkeys (in my case alt-space) During a Keynote presentation brings up the Alfred window but:

1) you cannot type in the Alfred window. It remains blank and unusable.

2) it will then not go away  (eg. by repeating the Hotkeys)

until you exit Keynote presentation mode (press esc), then click on Alfred window to focus on it then either use it or make it go away.

You might say why try to do this at all?

(i) By mistake, well for one thing out of shear habit of pressing the Hotkey drops you in the 'trap'

(ii) By intent sometimes during a presentation I unexpectedly want to launch another App to address a question and Alfred Hotkey is my muscle memory kicking in.

Using latest Alfred v2.2

Using Keynote 6.2 (1861)

MacOSX 10.9.2

Problem:

Pressing the Alfred Hotkeys (in my case alt-space) During a Keynote presentation brings up the Alfred window but:

1) you cannot type in the Alfred window. It remains blank and unusable.

2) it will then not go away  (eg. by repeating the Hotkeys)

until you exit Keynote presentation mode (press esc), then click on Alfred window to focus on it then either use it or make it go away.

You might say why try to do this at all?

(i) By mistake, well for one thing out of shear habit of pressing the Hotkey drops you in the 'trap'

(ii) By intent sometimes during a presentation I unexpectedly want to launch another App to address a question and Alfred Hotkey is my muscle memory kicking in.

This is actually a shortcoming with the way OS X handles full screen focus; It's something I've talked with Apple about.

With the upcoming v2.3, you can actually work around this issue using context sensitive hotkeys, but this feature is only available in the Powerpack. I can't see your v2 Powerpack in the system, could you pop an email to info@alfredapp com and I can share the solution with you :)

[moving to closed]