Keeps Crashing

I'd love to tell you exactly which version of Alfred2 I'm running, but I can't get it to start in order to go to "About".

It was working fine until I opened the preferences screen.  It wouldn't let me change anything so I figured I'd stop Alfred then restart.  The stopping worked fine, but I can't get it to restart.  I don't get an error message, but the icon also doesn't appear at the top of my screen.  And when I check "Activity Monitor", there's a red line for Alfred.  Even after force-quitting it and trying again, it just does the same thing.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I see the same behavior.

Any idea what's going on?

I'd love to tell you exactly which version of Alfred2 I'm running, but I can't get it to start in order to go to "About".

It was working fine until I opened the preferences screen.  It wouldn't let me change anything so I figured I'd stop Alfred then restart.  The stopping worked fine, but I can't get it to restart.  I don't get an error message, but the icon also doesn't appear at the top of my screen.  And when I check "Activity Monitor", there's a red line for Alfred.  Even after force-quitting it and trying again, it just does the same thing.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I see the same behavior.

Have you tried creating a new user account and installing Alfred there? Do you have the same issue?

Have you tried creating a new user account and installing Alfred there? Do you have the same issue?

There are several other things you could check as well. First off, have you tried rebooting your Mac?  Second, have you popped into Console.app to see if there are any issues being reported by Alfred or anything else that could be causing the issue with Alfred? When you reinstalled Alfred, did you remove his preferences as well? There could be something corrupted there causing an issue?