Prompt dismissed on small character palette activation [Reported to Apple]

chadv

When the Alfred prompt is open, and I type cmd-ctrl-space to bring up the character palette, it dismisses the Alfred prompt. This only happens with the small palette. If I switch to using the large palette (scroll to the top of the small palette and click the button with the asterisk), I can use cmd-ctrl-space without dismissing the Alfred prompt.

I'm running OS X 10.9.3 with Alfred 2.3 (264). My hotkey to bring up the Alfred prompt is cmd-space.

HxJyBaK.png

When the Alfred prompt is open, and I type cmd-ctrl-space to bring up the character palette, it dismisses the Alfred prompt. This only happens with the small palette. If I switch to using the large palette (scroll to the top of the small palette and click the button with the asterisk), I can use cmd-ctrl-space without dismissing the Alfred prompt.

I'm running OS X 10.9.3 with Alfred 2.3 (264). My hotkey to bring up the Alfred prompt is cmd-space.

Interesting, I can reproduce this! I'll add a ticket and see what I can do to fix this in the next release, cheers! :)

Alfred is designed to close when focus is pulled away from him and It appears that the small palette is making Alfred resign the key window when it shouldn't do, which is very likely a bug in OS X.

Playing around, it looks like Spotlight (which also closes when you focus on another window like Alfred) is also affected by the same issue.

I'll report this to Apple.

Cheers,

Andrew