Copy many fields + paste many fields

I have to copy about 5 fields from one browser and then paste these same fields into another browser

This takes a lot of time! OK, so maybe a minute or 2 only...

But I have to do this many many times

Can Alfred help me automate this?

At the moment I have a small program that allows me to access my cache - the last xx items I have copied and allows me to paste

This helps a lot. From what I read, Alfred also allows this. Can I do what I want though?

Thanks

Omar

I have to copy about 5 fields from one browser and then paste these same fields into another browser

This takes a lot of time! OK, so maybe a minute or 2 only...

But I have to do this many many times

Can Alfred help me automate this?

At the moment I have a small program that allows me to access my cache - the last xx items I have copied and allows me to paste

This helps a lot. From what I read, Alfred also allows this. Can I do what I want though?

Thanks

Omar

With Alfred's Powerpack, you can use the clipboard to copy as many items to your clipboard as you need. You can then pop up the Clipboard history viewer and pick out the items you've copied to paste into the new fields. You can see what the Clipboard history looks like here:

http://support.alfredapp.com/features:clipboard

Alternatively, if the fields are always the same, you may be able to use an AppleScript workflow to automatically copy the content from one browser to the other. This is something fellow Alfred users could help you with in the Workflows Help & Questions section of the forum.

Workflows are also part of Alfred's Powerpack, which you can purchase here: https://buy.alfredapp.com - Once you've upgraded, be sure to fill in the Powerpack field of your profile too :)

• 4 months later...

I'm replying to an old question I posted :)

Thanks for the reply

One of the things I need is to assign the copying of fields from one form and then secondly pasting into the second for into keyboard short cuts

From what I have seen, I can do this using Alfred

But, doing this and doing the first bit if copying form fields and then pasting, do I need Alfred to do this?

Is there any advantage using Alfred as opposed to using just Applescript?

For example, lets say I did the first part of copying and pasting fields, is it any better to use Alfred to assign keyboard short cuts? Can I not do this using Applescript alone?

Thanks