Start Groove Salad stream in iTunes workflow help

Original Title: Mini-player stays on top of other windows while waiting for iTunes

I like to listen to an iTunes streaming service called "Groove Salad." Depending on conditions, it can sometimes take seconds or a minute to start playing (perhaps while iTunes buffers?). If I start playing the service with the Alfred mini-player, the mini-player stays on top of all other windows for seconds or minutes while it waits for iTunes to start playing, and there's no way to dismiss the mini-player.

Can the mini-player talk to iTunes on a background thread or something, so it doesn't stay in front of all windows while it's blocking on iTunes?

I like to listen to an iTunes streaming service called "Groove Salad." Depending on conditions, it can sometimes take seconds or a minute to start playing (perhaps while iTunes buffers?). If I start playing the service with the Alfred mini-player, the mini-player stays on top of all other windows for seconds or minutes while it waits for iTunes to start playing, and there's no way to dismiss the mini-player.

Can the mini-player talk to iTunes on a background thread or something, so it doesn't stay in front of all windows while it's blocking on iTunes?

This interaction is essentially performed using NSAppleScript which, for legacy reasons, isn't thread safe in this instance which is why you see the UI pause. What you could do is create a workflow which uses osascript in the background to specifically start groove salad in iTunes.

I'm going to move this to the workflow help forum and change the title to see if anybody can help you out with this :)

Cheers,

Andrew