[help!] TotalSpaces.alfredworkflow

TotalSpaces.alfredworkflow

http://bit.ly/1yABrxe

I need help in setting up 'Totalspaces workflow'. However, I am having problems following instructions. I have downloaded the Ruby API. Everytime I plug in the command under point 2 in terminal - I get 'command not found'. That's the first point and the second point is what to do after downloading the 'ruby api' file.

Look forward to your help.

1. You'll need to buy Alfred's Powerpack, as only it supports workflows. Then you'll need to buyTotalSpaces 2, as the ruby API for it works only for licensed version and is disabled for trial.

Both those apps are worth it and could enhance your workflows significantly even if you're not using Spaces :)

2. You need to install TotalSpaces gem:

[sudo] gem install totalspaces2

Maybe I would make it work from the scratch using bundler or whatsoever, but hey.

3. Clone this repo into workflows folder of your Alfred's Preferences or download and double click on it.

If you have never used Ruby, then you will be using the system ruby and will need to use the sudo command without the brackets (the brackets mean optional). Therefore, you should type:

sudo gem install totalspaces2

I just installed it all and it works great. I have never seen this one before. Thanks for informing me about it.

Okay. It might be easier to start over. Delete that directory. Now, download the workflow from here: https://db.tt/2D5Qu5QZ

That links a copy in my DropBox. The fact the GitHub is the inside of the workflow makes it almost impossible to use as a loadable workflow off the bat. So, I recreated it my just ziping the items in the GitHub and renaming that zip to the workflow name. When you download the GitHub, it is in a directory inside the zip. So, Alfred does not recognize it.

Now, at a terminal, simply type:

sudo gem install totalspaces2

All Mac computers come with Ruby (known as the system Ruby). Therefore, you do not have to install a different Ruby. Just use it. But, to install new gems (Ruby term for a library of functions), you have to use sudo.