The App Store doesn't match the search string "App Store"? Yet the preference pane for it DOES match.

If I open Alfred and type "App", then the first result is "App Store.app", and the second one is "AppStore.prefPane". But if I add the "S", so that it's "AppS" (no space!) then only the pref pane remains.

Why is that? Shouldn't they both still be there? I've got "Fuzzy capital letters" enabled.

If I open Alfred and type "App", then the first result is "App Store.app", and the second one is "AppStore.prefPane". But if I add the "S", so that it's "AppS" (no space!) then only the pref pane remains.

Why is that? Shouldn't they both still be there? I've got "Fuzzy capital letters" enabled.

Fuzzy capital letters means that 'as' will match App Store... The pref pane is remaining with AppS because this is it's filename... if you'd like Apps to match App Store, you'll need to switch the fuzzy mode to full fuzzy from word boundary :)

Ah excellent, thanks for the explanation. I guess I'll stick with the "recommended" way for now.

At first I wasn't used to the recommended Fuzzy Capital Letters, which seemed more restrictive than Quicksilver's "match anything, anywhere". But I got used to it; I guess it's helpful because the results are less muddled with incorrect results.