unable to shutdown properly

I am very new to mac world and this awesome alfred. I have a strange issue when shutting down system using alfred system command. These are the behaviours which I have noticed.

1) It takes bit longer time than when selected from the apple icon menu.

2)It does not shutdown properly, screen goes black with the pointer showing in the screen. Have to force shutdown when this happens.

The above two behaviours are shown some times but not guaranteed.(most of the time). I currently use Mavericks and latest version of alfred.v(2.5.1)

I am very new to mac world and this awesome alfred. I have a strange issue when shutting down system using alfred system command. These are the behaviours which I have noticed.

1) It takes bit longer time than when selected from the apple icon menu.

2)It does not shutdown properly, screen goes black with the pointer showing in the screen. Have to force shutdown when this happens.

The above two behaviours are shown some times but not guaranteed.(most of the time). I currently use Mavericks and latest version of alfred.v(2.5.1)

Alfred simply tells OS X to shut down, so it's out of his hands how the shutdown actually happens. There may be something else on your Mac interfering with a smooth/quick shutdown like a background app or process that's holding things up.

I'll move this to the Discussion & Help section of the forum, in case anyone can suggest anything else to try. :)

Alfred simply tells OS X to shut down, so it's out of his hands how the shutdown actually happens. There may be something else on your Mac interfering with a smooth/quick shutdown like a background app or process that's holding things up.

I'll move this to the Discussion & Help section of the forum, in case anyone can suggest anything else to try. :)

you may be right :), you can move this thread to the help and section forum.