How to specify a file type when searching for files and folders?

For instance, if I want to find all files that match "Test" with the file extension ".pdf" then how do I do that? And if I want to find all folders called "Example" (that are folders only), how can I do that?

When searching for files with an extension, you can simply type "'test pdf" (with the quote at the beginning being a hit of the spacebar, which is like typing the keyword "open" first)

For folders, your best bet is to use a file filter workflow to get completely uncluttered results very quickly. You can either skip to the end of my post and grab the workflow below, or follow the steps to create your own to help you understand how file filters work :)

1. Go to workflows and click the + at the bottom of the sidebar. Choose Examples > Files and Apps > File filter from keyword and open

2. Name your workflow and give it some details

3. Double-click the File Filter and add a keyword and description of what the filter does, e.g. "f" - Searches for folders on my whole Mac

4. Search for any folder in Alfred, and drag that folder into the "File types" box from Alfred.

5. If you want to search only within a certain scope (e.g. only from your "Work" folder), drag the relevant folder(s) into the Search Scope tab.

6. Save that file filter object and you're done.

Now pop up Alfred and type "f Example" to bring up all folders that are called "Example" anywhere within your search scope. 

There you go, you've created a file filter workflow :)

Here's the one I created if you still need it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5818788/Alfred/Folders%20Filter%202.alfredworkflow