Basecamp Workflow

Alfred 2 Basecamp Workflow

---------------------------------------------------------

Edit: 4/13/2016

Basecamp 3 Support! Info here

---------------------------------------------------------

Provides easy access to Basecamp Projects inside Alfred 2. Allows you to quickly open a project in your default browser, or copy the url to the clipboard using "Cmd". This also supports multiple Basecamp organizations. This does not support Basecamp Classic.

Find it on

screenshot.png

Setup

1. Right click on the “bc” Script Filter and click “Configure”.
  2. Fill out your Basecamp information. Note that if you belong to more than one organization, you can enter them separated by commas.
  3. Have fun.

Please let me know if you have feedback, or send a pull request on Github. Thanks!

Edited by johnthepink

Each Basecamp "organization" or "company" that you're a part of as a unique ID. You can find this number just to the right of the URL in your browser: https://basecamp.com/xxxxxxx. The x's represent the number you want. If you are on a project page, the URL will be https://basecamp.com/xxxxxxx/projects/yyyyyyy. The x's are still the number you want.

If you are a part of several organizations, then you will have to find each organization's ID and assign them to "basecamp_company_ids" as comma separated: basecamp_company_ids=xxxxxxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxxx.

Does that help? I'd be happy to help if you have more questions. I will also add this tomorrow to the instructions to make it a little more clear. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Can't seem to get this to work. When I type bc and then the beginning of the name of one of my projects, I get a "Fatal Error!" in Alfred and an Alfred-Workflow.log.

When I try open the .log, I get a dialog box that says "There is no application set to open the URL /Users/cag-bryce/Library/Logs/Alfred-Workflow.log"

I guess the first thing to figure out is what application I can use to open the log.

• 4 weeks later...

@grantholle Try putting your variables in quotes like this: basecamp_username="xxxxxx". If that doesn't work, try this for me:

1. open Alfred preferences
  2. click on the Basecamp workflow
  3. click the little bug in the top right corner to bring up the debug panel
  4. run "bc "
  5. see if it puts out any errors and post them here
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ! 

I'd love so much to use it, as a hardcore BC user :-) !

But whenI type bc and then the beginning of the name of one of my projects, I get this :

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 255: <items><item arg='Fatal Error!' uid='Rescue Feedback' valid='yes'><title>Fatal Error!</title><subtitle>Check the log file below for extra debug info.</subtitle><icon>/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AlertStopIcon.icns</icon></item><item arg='/Users/davduf/Library/Logs/Alfred-Workflow.log' autocomplete='Alfred-Workflow.log' type='file' uid='/Users/MYNAME/Library/Logs/Alfred-Workflow.log' valid='yes'><title>Alfred-Workflow.log</title><subtitle>/Users/MYNAME/Library/Logs/Alfred-Workflow.log</subtitle><icon type='fileicon'>/Users/MYNAME/Library/Logs/Alfred-Workflow.log</icon></item></items>

And then, in the Alfred-Workflow.log

E, [2016-03-26 21:22:29 #4437] ERROR -- me.johnpinkerton.alfred2-basecamp: A fatal error has occurred. You may seek help in the Alfred supporting site, forum or raise an issue in the bug tracking site.
  #<URI::InvalidURIError: bad URI(is not URI?): https://basecamp.com/[dufresne@davduf.net]/api/v1/projects.json>
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/uri/common.rb:176:in `split'  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/uri/common.rb:211:in `parse'  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/uri/common.rb:747:in `parse'  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/uri/common.rb:996:in `URI'  
./main.rb:30:in `get_project_json'  
./main.rb:46:in `block in load_projects'  
./main.rb:46:in `map'  
./main.rb:46:in `load_projects'  
./main.rb:73:in `block in <main>' 

How can I fix this ?

All my best!

D

Hey Davduf,

Could you double check your settings by right clicking on the "bc" script and clicking "Configure"?

basecamp_username="putusernamehere"
basecamp_password="putpasswordhere"
basecamp_email="putemailhere"
basecamp_company_ids="basecamp,ids,separated,by,commas,here"

It looks like you may be using the brackets, either remove those, or wrap your credentials in quotes like above.