Upload File — Upload files and folders for easy sharing

1 minute ago, cassiano said:

Vitor, thanks for the workflow. I may be doing a silly question, but really could not find out: in order to upload the file do I need to do something else other than having it selected and calling "UFP" on the Alfred dialog box? Thanks again!

ufp is just to check the progress. To upload an image you already have, you need to call the Upload screenshot File Action.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Updates.

Better handling of software bundles (e.g. if you upload an .app, it will package the app, not the contents as a normal directory) and deletion of temporary paths on exit.

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • vitor changed the title to Upload File — Upload files and folders for easy sharing
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Vitor, first of all I have to say that this workfloww is great and a big thank you for sharing it with the world :) it would make my life a lot easier but .... :) the service which it uses i.e. transfer.sh is considered dangerous by antivirus programs so it is practically useless but somewhere on the web I came across information that you can configure this workflow for use with e.g. google drive or Storj. Is this actually possible? and if so, could you provide some instruction on how an average person ? 

14 minutes ago, Nester said:

the service which it uses i.e. transfer.sh is considered dangerous by antivirus programs

That’s a false positive. The service is open-source, even. And they were bought by Storj at one point. There is a similar but unrelated domain they mention in the repo which is the bad one.

19 minutes ago, Nester said:

but somewhere on the web I came across information that you can configure this workflow for use with e.g. google drive or Storj.

The workflow only works with services which do not require an account. This is by design. Seems like you’re conflating the workflow with what transfer.sh supports.

16 minutes ago, Nester said:

could you provide some instruction

It’s in the configuration. You can access it even before installing the workflow.

Thank You for such a quick reply :)

44 minutes ago, vitor said:

That’s a false positive. The service is open-source, even. And they were bought by Storj at one point. There is a similar but unrelated domain they mention in the repo which is the bad one.

I'm not referring to the repo here, just information from my customers who said they couldn't download the file because their antivirus was blocking it.

Ok, so I understand that workflow can work with the services that are available in the configuration menu. 
You wrote that it can work only with services that do not require an account, so would it be possible to integrate with wetransfer.com where you can transfer files up to 1gb without having an account and it is a very reliable service.

Sorry to bother you with these perhaps naive questions, but I have not much to do with programming and I work in the printing industry where I transfer back and forth a lot of files every day so having your workflow + solid cloud storage at my disposal would simplify a lot.

1 minute ago, Nester said:

I'm not referring to the repo here, just information from my customers who said they couldn't download the file because their antivirus was blocking it.

I understand. What I mean is that those are false positives from the antivirus, which are probably being overzealous due to the other domain.

2 minutes ago, Nester said:

I understand that workflow can work with the services that are available in the configuration menu.

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Nester said:

so would it be possible to integrate with wetransfer.com

No, because they do not provide an API. In simplified terms, an API is the method with which we can access a service through code. If a service does not offer an API, it cannot be supported.

The services I’ve added in the workflow are pretty much the ones I’ve found which fit the requirements (have an API and allow anonymous temporary uploads). The order in which they’re in is roughly a recommended order, so skip to the next one.

I’m willing to add more services. I’m not actively looking, but suggestions are welcome as long as they fit the requirements above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...