Ignoring an archive, but keeping it searchable

-dp-

I would like to move some files into a folder named Archives. During normal operations, I would like for Alfred to ignore these files. Once in a while, though, I will find it necessary to search the archive. So I want Alfred to index the Archives folder, but include its contents in the search results only when I my search begins with "archive." Is this possible? Thanks.

I would like to move some files into a folder named Archives. During normal operations, I would like for Alfred to ignore these files. Once in a while, though, I will find it necessary to search the archive. So I want Alfred to index the Archives folder, but include its contents in the search results only when I my search begins with "archive." Is this possible? Thanks.

Indeed, you can do this! Here's how...

First, under Alfred's Features > Default Results, take out the path for your Archives from Alfred's default results. This may require unchecking the "Include folders in Home" checkbox and adding the paths for other folders in Home manually if your Archives folder resides somewhere in your Home folder.

Once you've done this, go to Alfred's Workflows tab, and click the + button in the bottom of the left sidebar. Under Templates > Files and Apps, choose the file filter workflow type you prefer (open or reveal the file, and launch with a keyword or hotkey).

In the File Filter object, set a keyword and some text, and specify the search scope you want to search for your Archives. You'll then be able to search your archives specifically with that keyword/hotkey :)

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, you can do this! Here's how...

First, under Alfred's Features > Default Results, take out the path for your Archives from Alfred's default results. This may require unchecking the "Include folders in Home" checkbox and adding the paths for other folders in Home manually if your Archives folder resides somewhere in your Home folder.

Once you've done this, go to Alfred's Workflows tab, and click the + button in the bottom of the left sidebar. Under Templates > Files and Apps, choose the file filter workflow type you prefer (open or reveal the file, and launch with a keyword or hotkey).

In the File Filter object, set a keyword and some text, and specify the search scope you want to search for your Archives. You'll then be able to search your archives specifically with that keyword/hotkey :)

Excellent. Thank you for your help. Sorry for the slow reply.