Keeping the connection between Mac and Remote

Hi All

Am enjoying the new Remote app on my iPhone 6 Plus.

One issue so far: if the phone sleeps or is taken away from the network for a while, I have to switch off the server in Alfred and then switch it back on again.

Maybe I have something set wrong, but should it not simply reconnect as soon as the phone is back on the network?

The need to open Alfred, check and uncheck every time is a bit tedious.

Hi All

Am enjoying the new Remote app on my iPhone 6 Plus.

One issue so far: if the phone sleeps or is taken away from the network for a while, I have to switch off the server in Alfred and then switch it back on again.

Maybe I have something set wrong, but should it not simply reconnect as soon as the phone is back on the network?

The need to open Alfred, check and uncheck every time is a bit tedious.

It should absolutely reconnect automatically... I'm wondering if Bonjour is playing up on your iPhone or Mac. Have you tried rebooting both?

Also, if your Mac has a static IP address on your network, you could always configure it as direct connection which bypasses Apple's device discovery stuff.

One final thought... could your Mac be going to sleep? When the mac wakes up, it can take a second or two for Bonjour to kick in again.

Hi

Have rebooted and it still does it.

The Mac is set to never sleep (unless I tell it to) so I do not think that is a cause.

Would not know about the IP address - where will it tell me if that is static?

You can check if your IP address is static in OS X's network settings... even if it's not, it might be worth setting up a direct connection from Alfred Remote to your IP address to see if it's a bonjour issue.

Also, before restarting the server next time, could you open Activity Monitor and see if "Alfred Remote Server" is still running and not listed as "not responding".

Cheers,

Andrew