German Verb Conjugation Workflow

Hmm. The workflow appears to choke on non-ASCII queries, which is kind of a big thing when it's designed to accept German words…

If I enter a query that contains an umlaut, the workflow sends XML to Alfred, but all the values are empty. Here's the result of entering the query "über":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<items><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item><item valid="true" arg="" uid=""><title></title><subtitle></subtitle><icon></icon></item></items>

Also, the escaping options for the Script Filter are wrong. If you use bash as the language you need to enclose {query} in double quotes ("{query}") and select the Backquotes, Double Quotes, Dollars and Backslashes escaping options. Escaping shouldn't be a problem with this workflow (I don't think verbformen.de has any multi-word entries), but "can't go wrong" > "should work".

The GitHub repo isn't particularly fork-friendly. Most of the files required to build a working workflow (info.plist, icon.png) are only included in the .alfredworkflow file. Might I suggest you put all of the files required to build the workflow in the repo itself and the compiled .alfredworkflow file in a GitHub release? Or put the source files in a subdirectory if you want to keep the .alfredworkflow file in the repo. I'd advise against that, though, as GitHub won't let you put .alfredworkflow files >10MB in a repo (they have to go in releases).

Finally, there's a workflows.php file in the workflow. Is this file actually required?

Hello Deanishe,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. über - showing empty XML entries => Was not handling the empty body. Now handled it.

2. umlauts not working => yep! were not working. Since I'm learning German, I missed out the most basic testing.. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed it.

3. workflow contents in a separate folder => Done.

4. workflow itself in release => Done.

5. workflows.php => Yea, had earlier created an example workflow and missed to clean up. Done.

Have updated the github repo. Please check and let me know.

Have a great day!

Joe.