iTunes Mini Player plays a wrong song from search results

altimin

Basically, that's it.

Here's example and couple of screenshots:

I'm searching for «love» in  and I'm getting absolutely correct results.

e3pqdEI.png

However, when I hit Enter, different song starts playing (however, this new song always matches the search):

spARYRA.png

When I'm selecting song with command-number shortcut, it doesn't help and some other song starts playing.

It doesn't matter if some song is playing now or not.

However, sometimes all work `just as planned`, and I cannot figure a pattern here. 

I've been able to reproduce this bug countless times on at least 3 different machines.

Currently I'm using OS X 10.10.1 and Alfred v2.6 (374).

Basically, that's it.

Here's example and couple of screenshots:

I'm searching for «love» in  and I'm getting absolutely correct results.

Hi Alex,

First, could you please turn off shuffle in iTunes? I can see in your screenshot that Shuffle is on in the iTunes, which will affect predictability of tracks. Unfortunately, as of iTunes 11 or so, there is no longer any AppleScript allowing Alfred to tell iTunes to turn off shuffle first.

If you're still seeing any issues, press Cmd + R while in the Mini Player so that Alfred refreshes his index of your iTunes collection.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vero,

Thank you for your answer.

However, due to my style of work with iTunes, I prefer shuffle setting to be always turned on. I'd like to propose different solution (or at least an option to do so) — when I'm using search feature, I'm usually using it to access one specific song, so can you add to the playlist this one specific song and play it?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Vero,

Thank you for your answer.

However, due to my style of work with iTunes, I prefer shuffle setting to be always turned on. I'd like to propose different solution (or at least an option to do so) — when I'm using search feature, I'm usually using it to access one specific song, so can you add to the playlist this one specific song and play it?

Thanks,

Alex

If you're looking to play single songs without turning off Shuffle, an alternative is to turn off the Predictability option. To do this, launch Alfred's prefs to iTunes > Advanced and uncheck the Predictability checkbox. 

Cheers,

Vero