Lauchpad quirks when started trough Alfred

z7x8c9

Hi,

I think I've come across a bug when starting Launchpad trough Alfred.

If I start Launchpad trough Alfred, I'm unable to type in the search box or using the Esc key to quit Launchpad. If I start Launchpad from the Applications folder, everything works fine. I'm able to reproduce the issue every time.

I don't use Launchpad (obviously, I use Alfred) but I came across this bug and I thought it would be helpful to report.

I'm using Alfred 2.6 (374) and Mac OS 10.10.2.

I can confirm quirks, albeit a bit differently.

I CAN hit esc every time to close Launchpad IF I do not type anything first.  As soon as I start typing, I can no longer hit ESC to close.

SOMETIMES I am able to type a letter or two before the typing freezes and I can no longer input characters.

OS X 10.10.2 (14C109) / Alfred 2.6 (374)

Hi,

I think I've come across a bug when starting Launchpad trough Alfred.

If I start Launchpad trough Alfred, I'm unable to type in the search box or using the Esc key to quit Launchpad. If I start Launchpad from the Applications folder, everything works fine. I'm able to reproduce the issue every time.

I don't use Launchpad (obviously, I use Alfred) but I came across this bug and I thought it would be helpful to report.

I'm using Alfred 2.6 (374) and Mac OS 10.10.2.

Alfred is simply asking OS X to launch the selected app. I've had a play with this and I get the same behaviour if I double click LaunchPad from the /Applications folder in Finder, so it looks like this is a bug with OS X.

• 4 months later...
My observations suggest that there is some problem with Alfred opening Launchpad.

When I open Launchpad from Alfred, there seems to be around a 50% chance whether typing to search and the escape key will work. I can’t see a clear pattern in when it works or not.

When I open Launchpad from Spotlight or the Finder, typing to search and the escape key work correctly every time.

OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)

Alfred 2.7.1 (387)

• 3 weeks later...