Alfred and CheatSheet

I have installed CheatSheet, a little app that pop ups a list with shortcuts when you hold down the cmd key a little bit longer.

When I now start the clipboard function of Alfred and then select an item with the enter key, then after copying the entry of the clipboard the CheatSheet windows pops up. When I copy it via Cmd-2, Cmd-3, .... all is OK.

Any chance to avoid this behavior?

Regards,

Peter

I have installed CheatSheet, a little app that pop ups a list with shortcuts when you hold down the cmd key a little bit longer.

When I now start the clipboard function of Alfred and then select an item with the enter key, then after copying the entry of the clipboard the CheatSheet windows pops up. When I copy it via Cmd-2, Cmd-3, .... all is OK.

Any chance to avoid this behavior?

Regards,

Peter

Try unticking the option in Preferences->Features->Clipboard, Advanced Tab to disable 'Auto Paste on Return'. See if turning that off will resolve the issue

Thank you, for your tip, David. But then it does not copy anything in my app, regardless if I use enter or Cmd-x

You can copy the selected row in Alfred's clipboard history by using cmd+c on the selected item (this is essentially the same as using cmd+2 if the second row was selected). That way, you can leave the paste on return behaviour for when you want to use that in a different app.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 year later...

Try unticking the option in Preferences->Features->Clipboard, Advanced Tab to disable 'Auto Paste on Return'. See if turning that off will resolve the issue

Thank you for the hint. I have experienced the same issue with CheatSheet and your tip helped resolve the problem (if at a price). I have also reported this to the makers of CheatSheet but never got an answer from them. Seems this is currently the only viable way to deal with the situation if you want to keep CheatSheet and use snippets/clipboard viewer.

Best

M.