Hi,

I read this blog post with some interest (http://blog.alfredapp.com/2015/02/25/connecting-your-remote-using-bluetooth/) as I've not once been able to get this to work. I'm running Yosemite and iOS8.2 and from everything else I've read Apple has pretty much nerfed the ability for the two devices to connect as you would normally expect by bluetooth. It would seem that the new bluetooth 4.0LE stuff means it connects as needed and so they didn't see the need for allowing bluetooth pairing of the phone and Mac.

So my question is - does anyone out there have this working on Yosemite? I'd really love to make this work as when I'm at work the wireless network here segregates all devices on it, so my phone can't see the MBP at all. 

What would be really cool, as a feature request, would be for the remote to support the bluetooth 4.0LE stuff and actually just work when it's in range of the MBP, without any pairing, etc.

It may also be worth revising that blog article if it doesn't apply to Yosemite :)

It may also be worth revising that blog article if it doesn't apply to Yosemite :)

This post was created less than a month ago using a Mac on Yosemite, so it's possible to use this connection method on Yosemite. At what stage are you unable to get this working?

In this post, the steps I recommend are essentially the same steps recommended by Apple for users of Logic Remote (to control the Logic music software). You can follow the steps from our own support site here:

http://support.alfredapp.com/tutorials:setting-up-remote-bluetooth

• 5 months later...

The problem is that this solution does not work for iPhones. Have you actually tried it with an iPhone? I've successfully setup a remote via bluetooth on my iPad, but not on an iPhone.

I've tested this today and, indeed, it looks like there are now issues connecting via Bluetooth on iPhone 6 which don't affect iPads on the same iOS version.

As this previously worked fine, I'll be digging deeper for more details and we'll then raise this with Apple. :)