Request: Telegram

Hello,

Like many of you i use Telegram to text with my friends.

I tried to create a workflow to send a message to a friend via Alfred, but i am not a technical guy.

Tried to copy some code from similar workflows (for example for sending iMessage to contacts), but i just can't do it.

Maybe someone is interested in creating one?

The way i see it how it could work is to type "tele" and then the name of a friend (connected to your adressbook so you don't have to type the full name) and then the message. That way you never have to leave what you are working on to send just a text via Telegram!

It's currently not really possible because the desktop version of Telegram doesn't offer an API (AppleScript dictionary or URL scheme) that can be used to compose messages.

You can get it to show a specific user by username (with tg://resolve?domain=username), but specifying a phone number or a message doesn't appear to be possible yet.

The fallback technique for automating apps that have no API, which is using AppleScript to click their menus and buttons, would also be tricky, as there's no menu entry or keyboard shortcut to compose a new message.

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...