Clipboard/Snippets paste to wrong window (multi display setup) [Fixed 2.7.2 b400]

kip

Hi Team!

I'm using alfred's clipboard/snipppet manager a lot and it is really great. But this bug regularly ruins my otherwise smooth workflow.

I can reproduce this bug on two macs (iMac & Mac Mini) with two monitors each (bug requires dual monitor setup to occur).

If I open two windows of the same App (in my case two iTerms, but it works with two windows of another App, too), then focus the window on my secondary screen and use alfred's clipboard manager to paste something into the window, it always pastes it in the window on the primary screen (the window that had no focus).

My workaround: Move window to first screen, paste the text, move window to second screen - really anoying :/

This bug does not occur if .. :

- I move both windows to one screen and have them shown side-by-side (even if both are on the secondary screen side-by-side)

- I minimize one of the windows to the dock

- I use the sytem-clipboard-paste function (CMD+V)

Edited by kip

Hi Team!

I'm using alfred's clipboard/snipppet manager a lot and it is really great. But this bug regularly ruins my otherwise smooth workflow.

I can reproduce this bug on two macs (iMac & Mac Mini) with two monitors each (bug requires dual monitor setup to occur).

If I open two windows of the same App (in my case two iTerms, but it works with two windows of another App, too), then focus the window on my secondary screen and use alfred's clipboard manager to paste something into the window, it always pastes it in the window on the primary screen (the window that had no focus).

My workaround: Move window to first screen, paste the text, move window to second screen - really anoying :/

This bug does not occur if .. :

- I move both windows to one screen and have them shown side-by-side (even if both are on the secondary screen side-by-side)

- I minimize one of the windows to the dock

- I use the sytem-clipboard-paste function (CMD+V)

Over time, OS X's focus behaviour has become more obscure when it comes to apps like Alfred .There should be a significant improvement to the focus behaviour in the next release as a part of a fix for this bug:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/5986-incorrect-focus-when-using-alfred-clipboard-with-chrome-accepted/

Stay tuned! :)

Cheers,

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Team!

This should now be fixed in the 2.7.2 b400 pre-release, available in Alfred's update prefs :)