Remote Connects To Mac, but no actions work

Hi

Love Alfred...couldn't live without him now. So thought I would try the remote. But I have hit a glitch...

The iPhone connects to the Mac just fine - no problem at all in fact.

I get the confirmation banner in notification centre that the phone is connected and it appears in Alfred.

But then nothing works...no action button does anything.

Nothing at all - literally nothing happens on the Mac.

I have tried restarting both devices - no change.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Rob

Setup Up:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) - El Capitan

iPhone 5s - very latest version of iOS

Both devices on same network - either at home or work

Restarted both devices.

Do not use Little Snitch, etc

Edited by robster

Hi

Love Alfred...couldn't live without him now. So thought I would try the remote. But I have hit a glitch...

Hi Rob,

Could you take a look at step 2 on this page "Setting up your first Remote" and let me know how far along this process you can get? The more details you provide, the easier it will be for us to troubleshoot this :)

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/remote/setting-up/

Do you get as far as seeing all of the buttons on your Remote, but the Mac you're connected to doesn't respond to the actions?

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vero

Thanks for your help.

I get all the way through to the end of step 2 here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/remote/setting-up/

Passphrase is accepted, phone is connected, phone appears in Alfred.

All looks good.

I get as far as seeing all of the buttons on my iPhone Remote, can press them and get the response to the press in the top-right of the remote screen "[Action Pressed] OK".

But the Mac I am connected to doesn't respond at all to the actions.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Vero

Thanks for your help.

I get all the way through to the end of step 2 here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/remote/setting-up/

Passphrase is accepted, phone is connected, phone appears in Alfred.

All looks good.

I get as far as seeing all of the buttons on my iPhone Remote, can press them and get the response to the press in the top-right of the remote screen "[Action Pressed] OK".

But the Mac I am connected to doesn't respond at all to the actions.

Thanks

Rob

Could you pop an email to info@alfredapp com as we may get you to send a few logs to help us see what's happening? 

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue.  All looks fine.  Connected and have icons on my phone.  Phone seems to respond but nothing happens on my Mac unless I go to the Mac and unlock the screensaver first.  I would assume this remote should work without having to go to the laptop and unlock the screensaver??

• 2 weeks later...

Provided that your Mac is still awake, the actions Remote sends should still be performed on your Mac - though sometimes the exact behaviour will differ (e.g. the application may not take foreground focus). 

What specifically are you trying to do so that I can take a deeper look? :)

I concur with the recent comment. The latest OS X beta, 10.11.4 Beta (15E49a) or possibly iOS beta, has broken the App.

We'll be looking into this soon to see if we can replicate the issue on our own devices. :)

Cheers,

Vero