"Open With" crashes when launching ImageOptim

bryanjclark

I have a folder of PNGs and JPGs, I used the "Open With" function in Alfred to open ImageOptim, and Alfred hangs - the only workaround I found was to force-quit Alfred.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select a bunch of images in Finder.

2. Use Alfred's "Open With" function to launch ImageOptim.

Expected Results:

ImageOptim opens the images, and Alfred's UI disappears.

Actual Results:

ImageOptim opens the images, but Alfred's UI hangs, isn't interactive, and can't be closed.

I'm using a 2014 MacBook Pro on a Thunderbolt Display, running Mac OS X 10.11.1, Alfred v2.8.1, and ImageOptim 1.6.0

I have a folder of PNGs and JPGs, I used the "Open With" function in Alfred to open ImageOptim, and Alfred hangs - the only workaround I found was to force-quit Alfred.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select a bunch of images in Finder.

2. Use Alfred's "Open With" function to launch ImageOptim.

Expected Results:

ImageOptim opens the images, and Alfred's UI disappears.

Actual Results:

ImageOptim opens the images, but Alfred's UI hangs, isn't interactive, and can't be closed.

I'm using a 2014 MacBook Pro on a Thunderbolt Display, running Mac OS X 10.11.1, Alfred v2.8.1, and ImageOptim 1.6.0

The Open With action is essentially quite simple, using only native OS X calls, so I'm not sure why this would be hanging Alfred specifically with ImageOptim.

Could you please reproduce this and while Alfred is hanging, open Activity Monitor, select Alfred and from the cog button in the toolbar, select "Sample Process". This may point me towards the issue!

Also, does Open With work with other apps on your Mac?

Cheers,

Andrew