Snippets not expanding (V3.01 build 671)

I have been having problems with snippets not wanting to automatically expand then I use my keyword. I just updated to the latest version with Powerpack. The problem usually starts when I am trying to fill in an online form with my email or a date, etc. Once it stops working snippets will not expand in any app such as TextEdit or NeoOffice. The only way I can get them to work is to restart my iMac. 

Anybody else having this issue?

I have been having problems with snippets not wanting to automatically expand then I use my keyword. I just updated to the latest version with Powerpack. The problem usually starts when I am trying to fill in an online form with my email or a date, etc. Once it stops working snippets will not expand in any app such as TextEdit or NeoOffice. The only way I can get them to work is to restart my iMac. 

Anybody else having this issue?

What do you use to fill the online form?

We have a pending known issue caused by LastPass's use of Chromium. In short, when LastPass enables secure text input, it stops any other apps from recognising keypresses (so that passwords can be entered securely) which is great. The problem comes in that it then doesn't give up the secure input, which means that Alfred can never re-start recognising keypresses after you're done with secure fields.

You can follow the thread on this issue here, which we'll update as soon as we hear of a fix:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/8871-alfred-3-snippets-dont-autoexpand/?p=44738

If you're using something else, please provide as much detail as possible so that we can help you further :)

Cheers,

Vero

Thursday, Jun, 09, 2016 at 13:17 PM

Thanks Vero. I am not sure what you mean by "What do you use to fill the online form?" 

None of my Alfred snippets contain passwords, only various plain text such as name, email, date and various repeated phrases. 

I do use 1Password 6 to store all my login stuff. (current & up to date)

I almost exclusively use Safari on my iMac (current & up to date)

I will try quitting Safari next time it happens, but I think I have tried this.