Clipboard merge feature gets sometimes stuck

vitalyb

The bug is as following:

1. Turn on clipboard merging: https://i.imgur.com/Pjcpi3A.png
  2. Regular copying works (⌘+C), clipboard merging works as well (⌘+C,C)
  3. After several minutes, however, every regular copying becomes clipboard merging, effectively disabling the clipboard
  4. Turning the feature off, fixes the issue

Details:

• OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
  • Alfred v3.0.3 [694]

The bug is as following:

1. Turn on clipboard merging: https://i.imgur.com/Pjcpi3A.png
  2. Regular copying works (⌘+C), clipboard merging works as well (⌘+C,C)
  3. After several minutes, however, every regular copying becomes clipboard merging, effectively disabling the clipboard
  4. Turning the feature off, fixes the issue

Details:

• OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
  • Alfred v3.0.3 [694]

Could you let me know if you're using any other third-party clipboard managers (such as PopClip) or hotkey modifier/keyboard remapper apps? And does the issue happen in certain apps only (e.g. iTerm which has its own copy to clipboard) or in every app (e.g. test it in TextEdit)

Alfred's Clipboard Merge is actually pretty simple, so if the clips are being merged, it's because something is causing the clipboard counter to be incremented twice (i.e. triggering two actions copying to clipboard).

Cheers,

Vero

I too ran into this issue about a month ago or so. I turned the clipboard merging feature off because it was getting troublesome. I've reactivated it today in hopes that perhaps some update has sorted it out. So far it seems to be working, which is great as this feature rules when it's working as expected.

I don't use keyboard/modifier remapping or other clipboard managers. If it starts happening again I'll check out to see if it's only in certain apps (didn't think of that one, thanks Vero)!