Removing Alfred 2

Hello,

I am just trying to clean up my system. I'm currently running alfred 3. I would like to remove alfred 2 and associated support files. Can some direct me to which files I can delete that are not necessary to run alfred 3?

Thanks,
Michael

Edited by sepulchra

It should be fine to remove:

• ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2
  • ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2,
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2.plist
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences-2.plist
  • ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences-2.savedState

Since Alfred 3 must have already copied what it needed to the respective Alfred 3 directories. But don’t outright delete them, move them somewhere or leave them in the Trash without emptying for a while, until you’re sure nothing major broke.

Just a warning there are some old Alfred workflows have hardcoded the Alfred 2 folders (I'm thinking about the EggTimer app in particular) so you might not want to delete the other folders. 

In my case, it uses the "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2" and ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2 in the code 

EGGPREFS="$HOME/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/carlosnz.eggtimer2"
EGGWD="$HOME/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/carlosnz.eggtimer2"

Don't know how many other workflows use them but that's one. 

Edited by Greth