Recent files in a folder

5 minutes ago, Acidham said:

Yep this is cause by Apple's removal of Python 2 in macos 12.3. Please read: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/kb/python-2-monterey/

But I had to create symlink `/usr/local/bin/python' because creation of symlink in `/usr/bin/python`is not allowed. Second, you need to change python files shebang to `#!/usr/local/bin/python` 

Sorry, i'm kinda illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Do I just need to reinstall python 2 with the steps mentioned in the link? I do not know what this means: "you need to change python files shebang to `#!/usr/local/bin/python' "

1. Follow the steps on the link

2 use /usr/local/bin instead of /usr/bin

3. open workflow in Alfred 

4. when you double click on script filter step it opens a dialog. click on “open file”

5. change first line, the starting with #! to #!/usr/local/bin/python 

Thanks a lot for updating to work with python3, works great on macOS 12.3! I wonder would it be possible to add a feature to be able to search for strings anywhere in the filename (possibly fuzzy search as well)? Sometimes I don't find files because the string I'm searching for is not at the start of the filename, which seems to be required now.

@Acidham

11:48:38.954] Logging Started...

[11:48:44.735] Recent files in Folder[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'

[11:48:44.880] Recent files in Folder[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[11:48:44.882] Recent files in Folder[Script Filter] {

"items": [

{

"title": "Add Folder(s) to config",

"subtitle": "Your run WF for the first time, please add folder(s) via file action first",

"valid": false,

"icon": {

"type": "image",

"path": "attention.png"

}

}

]

}

I just installed Python 3.10.4, but same issue. Not sure what I am doing wrong tbh. I just updated to 12.3 last night.

ahhh that is a good result. the issue is that your list of folders is empty.

search for a folder in alfred e.g. downloads folder and press “Tab”, “add to recent folders”.  after this you should be able to look up recent files on Downloads. 

• 1 month later...

Got same issue with tab action does not showup, was about to create a github issue but luckily find the solution here
I believe that issue should be documented for alfred noobs like some of us here 😀

Edited by Lexyz
3 hours ago, Lexyz said:

Got same issue with tab action does not showup, was about to create a github issue but luckily find the solution here
I believe that issue should be documented for alfred noobs like some of us here 😀

Makes sense...done!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have installed the updated version of this workflow, but when I type "rc" in the terminal the workflow won't show up. (The strange thing is when I just type "r", the workflow appears, but if I use space to finish the string or just type out rc, the workflow disappears. BTW, the same thing happens with the switch sound output workflow as well...) When I first installed the workflow, it worked and let me add folder to recent folder. But then it stopped working. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

the bug report:

[19:56:36.404] Logging Started...
[19:56:44.923] Recent files in Folder[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[19:56:45.009] Recent files in Folder[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[19:56:45.014] ERROR: Recent files in Folder[Script Filter] Code 1: xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Thanks!  indeed it is issue with Xcode. I installed Command Line Dev tools and this does the trick! I realized that the workflow stopped working after I uninstalled Xcode...

1 hour ago, Acidham said:

What is the result of python3 -V?

For me, it looks like issues with Xcode. Do the following: 

• xcode-select --install installes Command Line Dev tools
  • If the above does not help please try sudo xcode-select --reset