Text / Filename Tools

first of all, I want to say I am truly grateful to this community. i have not been active in this forum throughout the years, but i am truly appreciative of all the great creators and contributors around here. what an amazing app, helps with my workflow each and every day. thinking of the Mac as a bicycle for the mind, it's interesting to note that one app inside the Mac can seem equally helpful at the same time. thank you.

anyways, i want to share a couple of workflows i've created over the years. i'm not a programmer by any means, but do enjoy navigating the code that you guys create.

i will share one workflow in another post, but for this one, this has been a very useful tool to me for repetitive tasks of file renaming. i've collected a number of bash functions to assist in switching file names with special characters such as hyphens, underscores, and periods, to spaces and vice versa. the functions are by no means polished, but they work well as-is.

wondering if a programmer would like to use this as inspiration for a workflow that works better than the one i've created. if not, i think this will still help many of us.

to use, copy the file name or text you want to transform, action the workflow through the keywords, and paste back to the file.

keywords are first letter on the character with '2' in between for transformation.

h2s

h2p

u2s

one caveat, the functions i've used add a new line after each transformation. you'll have to backspace once after each paste. i was thinking this was one thing someone could fix.

other than that, works really well! Feel free to build upon this or alter as you see fit.

Download here:   https://drive.google.com/filename_tools.alfredworkflow

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.20.35 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.20.55 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.21.20 PM.jpg

Edited by phantasm