Alfred not opening after reinstall

I'm running OS X Mojave, and Alfred had been running beautifully. Then I had a problem that required me to reinstall OS X, and suddenly Alfred won't open at all. When I try to open the app, I get no visual indication that anything's happening, and it does not show up in the Force Quit list. When I open Activity Monitor, it does show that the app is running, but eventually it goes red with "not responding." I've tried deleting the app, redownloading and reinstalling. I then tried removing the preferences listed https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/reset-alfred/, to no avail. I then tried using AppCleaner to remove everything related to Alfred and reinstalling, but still nothing.

Any ideas? Spotlight just [Scotty voice] doesn't have the power[/Scotty].

Welcome @thoughtbox,

53 minutes ago, thoughtbox said:

and it does not show up in the Force Quit list.

It doesn’t even when working normally.

1. Are you able to open Alfred Preferences? In Alfred 3.app → right-click → Show Package Contents → ContentsPreferencesAlfred Preferences.app.
  2. What does the Console report? It’s in ApplicationsUtilitiesConsole.app.
  3. What are the exact versions of macOS and Alfred that you’re on?

@thoughtbox when you reinstalled your Mac, did you do a fresh install, or just reinstall over the top of the old OS? If the latter, this can cause more problems than it's worth.

As the screenshot you provided mentions accessibility, try removing any references of Alfred from the macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy section, as this may have become corrupt.

Also could you try creating a new user account on your Mac, switching to that user and trying Alfred from there?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi @Andrew.

Thanks for the advice. I got it working, though I'm not sure which of these steps actually fixed it.

1. Opened System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and removed/unchecked everywhere Alfred appeared.

2. AppCleaner again

3. Finder search, remove all mentions of Alfred (including my synced Alfred Preferences, which I half-think was the actual problem)

Then, after reinstalling, it worked. I was also able to re-import my synced preferences, and everything still works. Thanks for all the help!