Unable to "View search results from sites like Google and Amazon in Alfred"

I purchased the powerpack as I was interested in the functionality to "View search results from sites like Google and Amazon in Alfred" as quoted on the Aflred website. In addition to this, the screenshots show a search typed into Alfred with web search results. However when I type in "google" keyword to search google it only displays a search google dialogue which shows my search term. Then when pressing enter it opens a separate browser window to search in google. This is not the functionality I expected. I am unable to find anywhere online how to view the search results in Alfred. does anyone know how this can be done?

Hi @MilesAB, welcome to the forum.

14 hours ago, MilesAB said:

I am unable to find anywhere online how to view the search results in Alfred. does anyone know how this can be done?

You can't view search engine results in vanilla Alfred. What you're seeing are Alfred's fallback searches, which allow you to open your query with websites, applications or workflows.

Those screenshots are from workflows, such as Searchio!, and are showing search auto-suggestions (if you click on a result, it'll open google.com/amazon.com in your browser).

There are many workflows that do show search results in Alfred, but YMMV: search engines typically don't provide results, only search suggestions, but other sites do. In any case, you'll need a workflow (which is why you need the Powerpack).

Are there some particular sites you want to search?

Edited by deanishe