Cannot Open Applications in Folders in /Applications

poritsky

Applications that are in folders within the /Applications folder don't seem to be opening. For example /Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft Excel. There are also some other outliers I can't quite explain. OmniFocus, for example, isn't launching.

I have tried clearing the Application Cache and switching between "Fuzzy capital letters" and "Full fuzzy match from word boundary" in the "Apps Matching" drop-down to no avail. I have also tried adding those folders to the Search Scope. Still nothing.

I am yet to try to "Rebuild OS X Metadata". When I have a chance I can run it and let you know if it changes anything. Thanks so much!

Applications that are in folders within the /Applications folder don't seem to be opening. For example /Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft Excel. There are also some other outliers I can't quite explain. OmniFocus, for example, isn't launching.

I have tried clearing the Application Cache and switching between "Fuzzy capital letters" and "Full fuzzy match from word boundary" in the "Apps Matching" drop-down to no avail. I have also tried adding those folders to the Search Scope. Still nothing.

I am yet to try to "Rebuild OS X Metadata". When I have a chance I can run it and let you know if it changes anything. Thanks so much!

Hi there,

This will almost certainly be a metadata issue... a rebuild should fix the issue 

Cheers,
Andrew