where's plaintext paste?

and how about having snippet shortcut keys again?

Assuming you are using 2.0.1, you will find these in the Workflow templates. Select the Workflow prefs, click [+] > Templates > Clipboard > Paste as plain text from hotkey.

You will also find the "Paste text clip from hotkey" under the same templates submenu :)

• 2 weeks later...

That workflow has 'Copy to Clipboard'  in it.

Is that right?

Yep, as the plain text needs to be in the clipboard for OS X to paste it. If you configure the "Copy to Clipboard" workflow object, you'll see that it's setup to paste to the front most app :)

• 5 months later...

how to I paste in plain text while navigating the clipboard history? The workflow mentioned here only paste the last copied items as plain text. I want to navigate the history, press enter and copy as plain text.

It that possible?

how to I paste in plain text while navigating the clipboard history? The workflow mentioned here only paste the last copied items as plain text. I want to navigate the history, press enter and copy as plain text.

It that possible?

Alfred's clipboard history works in plain text, so pressing enter will paste without formatting by default.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 3 months later...

Assuming you are using 2.0.1, you will find these in the Workflow templates. Select the Workflow prefs, click [+] > Templates > Clipboard > Paste as plain text from hotkey.

You will also find the "Paste text clip from hotkey" under the same templates submenu :)

Hi guys,

I activated the workflow and assigned it, but unfortunatly I am having some problems in Open Office. The workflow still keeps the style (for example table color) - sometimes it work, but other times it does not.

Ist there another solution? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi guys,

I activated the workflow and assigned it, but unfortunatly I am having some problems in Open Office. The workflow still keeps the style (for example table color) - sometimes it work, but other times it does not.

Ist there another solution? Or am I doing something wrong?

Alfred ONLY stores data in text only, so it could be Open Office re-formatting the pasted data to 'match'?

• 3 years later...

Hi there
I seem to be having a similar issue in Apple's Mail app

My snippets seem to be going in without some low-level hidden formatting
(ie not as "plain-text")

When I send an email - it looks totally fine
There is no formatting seen

But when it is sent back (quoted beneath) there is formatting in the reply

It doesn't happen with all email replies I get

So it is almost like: it is ignored by Apple's mail app, and then the respondents email application, brings it to the surface....

Any thoughts

Many thanks

@jonniecharles When you simply use Cmd + C, Cmd + V on your Mac, you're using the macOS clipboard, not Alfred's. The macOS clipboard retains the formatting of what you copied.

This is a very old thread, dating back from Alfred 2, but here's how you can make sure you're pasting in plain text from Alfred 3:

1. Show the Clipboard Viewer (Cmd + Option + C) and choose the snippet you want. When pressing return, it'll be pasted as plain text to your frontmost app.

2. Use a hotkey to paste your current clip as plain text: Go to Alfred's Workflows tab, click the + at the bottom of the sidebar, and choose Templates > Clipboard > Paste as plain text from hotkey. Set your preferred hotkey. When you next use this hotkey, the contents of your current clipboard will be pasted as plain text to the frontmost app, without showing the Clipboard Viewer.

Cheers,
Vero