Debug Mode!

xtin

Right now, if Alfred has an Error in the XML it receives or cannot parse due to encoding problems, it will just not parse it.

Could you please add a "show errors/debug" checkbox for workflows, so that these parsing errors are displayed as XML replies? It would make creating extensions and more importantly remote debugging strange problems a LOT easier!

Also, a minor one: if you use python and do

print u"some string containing üäöàéè", Alfred will simply ignore it, while the same as a non unicode string works. 

Right now, if Alfred has an Error in the XML it receives or cannot parse due to encoding problems, it will just not parse it.

Could you please add a "show errors/debug" checkbox for workflows, so that these parsing errors are displayed as XML replies? It would make creating extensions and more importantly remote debugging strange problems a LOT easier!

Also, a minor one: if you use python and do

print u"some string containing üäöàéè", Alfred will simply ignore it, while the same as a non unicode string works. 

Many times, if I'm running into issues, I put the code in an external file and run the code from the terminal to view the actual XML that is output. As another option, you could always make it output the XML to file. I would also suggest using one of the existing Python libraries for Alfred that is available in the Share Your Workflows area.

Outputting to file is a good idea, I might simply wrap everything in a try: except: and write the corresponding error to a file... I started my own such library, since I discovered it late, but will switch once I get to it. Thereby, could you maybe pin the threads with these libraries or make a pinned thread where they're listed? I read from at least one other, who basically did the same like me...

Edited by xtin