Run workflow without keyword

• 1 year later...

@vitor Sorry for the late reply.

What I mean is doing like spotlight . I just need to say "10 usd to eur" and spotlight show me the result. Converting measurements works as well (10 inches to cm)

In alfred I always have to input the keyword before and this is a setback for me

Thanks

On 10/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, lincoln said:

Hey,

Is it possible to run a workflow without a keyword. Example: run the workflow to convert currency without needing to type cy 10 to usd?

Thanks

@lincolnThis workflow does exactly that: https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything

No keyword is required.
Limitation: the query must start with a number.

image.thumb.png.f398169dcd72ec859240f80167532175.png

If you are comfortable writing code, or do some tedious work manually, you can look at that workflow and see how it automatically triggers based on number, and extend the same logic to make it trigger based on currency identifiers too.

8 hours ago, Mr Pennyworth said:

No keyword is required.

To be accurate, a Keyword is still very much required, the author just added a bunch of them (one for each number), providing the illusion that no Keyword is being used. I’m confident you understand the difference, @Mr Pennyworth, I’m making the point to the less technically-inclined users who may not understand it.

Edited by vitor
7 hours ago, vitor said:

To be accurate, a Keyword is still very much required, the author just added a bunch of them (one for each number), providing the illusion that no Keyword is being used. I’m confident you understand the difference, @Mr Pennyworth, I’m making the point to the less technically-inclined users who may not understand it.

Agreed! Makes sense :)

I just wanted to make sure that @lincoln knows that the specific thing (spotlight-like behavior for conversions) they want is possible, and there already exists a workflow to do just that.

I think I'm frequenting these forums too much :(
I could swear that I saw a short reply from someone to the effect "what you're asking is not possible".
Now I see that there was no such reply!
😨