Can i get more than 40 items in the search results?

25 minutes ago, deanishe said:

I don't think so, no. 40 is the max. for Alfred's default features to keep it fast.

There's no limit on the number of results you can return from a Script Filter, however, so if there's something in particular you want to have a lot more results for, you can implement it as a workflow.

Thank you deanishe. I'm just learning workflows so this will be a good exercise. I suspect paging through results will be a different issue.

1 minute ago, signcarver said:

I suspect paging through results will be a different issue.

Yeah. Generally, that's something you want to avoid. A better solution is to enter a more precise query to narrow down the set of results, but Alfred's default matching algorithm doesn't always make that easy to do.

One of the great things about Script Filters is that you can implement your own matching in a way that makes the most sense for the stuff you're searching.

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Yeah. Generally, that's something you want to avoid. A better solution is to enter a more precise query to narrow down the set of results, but Alfred's default matching algorithm doesn't always make that easy to do.

One of the great things about Script Filters is that you can implement your own matching in a way that makes the most sense for the stuff you're searching.

Got it. I was being lazy by searching everything. I can narrow down the search by folders. Still, 40 is a small number of results for some of the web sites i work on.

Edited by signcarver
added more info