Make Script Filters without valid arguments jump to the top of the list on selection

vitor

I have a few Script Filters that are informative, rather than actionable (e.g. show system information such as disk space or connected disks). Trouble is, since they’re not actionable they are never pushed to the top of the results list even if I select them specifically (i.e. press ↵ so that they’re the only information shown in Alfred).

My request is that if we ↵ on a Script Filter, even if it’s not valid, its frecency score get updated like any other result.

• 4 weeks later...

@vitor one way you could achieve this is make sure all items in your Script Filter have a UID, and make them all valid. Make a connection out of the Script Filter into a Junction, then configure the connection between the Script Filter and Junction to not close Alfred's window (you'll get a square instead of circle on the connection):

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 16.58.31.png

This way, you actually WILL be actioning the items, but Alfred's window won't close. The next time you show Alfred, the selection will be taken into account when sorting the items.

Cheers,

Andrew