Alfred unable to launch on my machine

sailingdarter

Hi All,

I am using Alfred on my primary machine with great success. However I have an older backup machine in which Alfred will not launch at all.

It is mid 2006 MacBook Pro Core Duo with 2GB of RAM running 10.6.8.

I know that the listed system requirement are an intel chip running 10.6.8 But I was wondering if my CPU also had to be 64bit as well

Anyway here is the message that I get when I attempt to launch Alfredv2

"You can't open the application "Alfred 2.app" because it's not supported on this type of Mac."

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sailingDarter

Hi All,

I am using Alfred on my primary machine with great success. However I have an older backup machine in which Alfred will not launch at all.

It is mid 2006 MacBook Pro Core Duo with 2GB of RAM running 10.6.8.

I know that the listed system requirement are an intel chip running 10.6.8 But I was wondering if my CPU also had to be 64bit as well

Anyway here is the message that I get when I attempt to launch Alfredv2

"You can't open the application "Alfred 2.app" because it's not supported on this type of Mac."

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sailingDarter

At this point, Alfred 2 is 10.6+ 64bit only. If there is enough interest, I may look into doing a 32bit build.

Another Please from this avid user! Did I overlook an outright statement that Alfred would not support 32-bit? If so, I regret my carelessness. 

I upgraded my Powerpack license doubtless that my Snow Leopard 2006 iMac would be in the loop.

Now my work and home stations cannot sync all of these wonderful workflows I've adopted in place of extensions.

Please just this one last time for cash-strapped dual mac users? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Another Please from this avid user! Did I overlook an outright statement that Alfred would not support 32-bit? If so, I regret my carelessness. 

I upgraded my Powerpack license doubtless that my Snow Leopard 2006 iMac would be in the loop.

Now my work and home stations cannot sync all of these wonderful workflows I've adopted in place of extensions.

Please just this one last time for cash-strapped dual mac users? :D

Question, Is there anything in Alfred v2 that makes doing a 32 bit build non trivial?

• 2 weeks later...

I was really disappointed to see that there's no 32-bit version of Alfred available from the alfredapp website. I am able to run a 32-bit version of Alfred from the Mac App Store, but that version doesn't allow me to enter the powerpack license that I just spent 15GBP + credit card conversion fees on. =:( Could we please have a compromise here and either allow the Mac App Store version be able to handle a Powerpack license or provide a 32-bit version of Alfred 2 from alfredapp.com? Please? I really am frustrated that I just spent money on the Powerpack license and can't use it on my Mac. =:(

I was really disappointed to see that there's no 32-bit version of Alfred available from the alfredapp website. I am able to run a 32-bit version of Alfred from the Mac App Store, but that version doesn't allow me to enter the powerpack license that I just spent 15GBP + credit card conversion fees on. = :( Could we please have a compromise here and either allow the Mac App Store version be able to handle a Powerpack license or provide a 32-bit version of Alfred 2 from alfredapp.com? Please? I really am frustrated that I just spent money on the Powerpack license and can't use it on my Mac. = :(

It's not possible to put the Powerpack in the app store, so pop an email to info@alfredapp com and Vero will point you towards a 32bit version of v1 which can take the Powerpack.