Brand new Alfred User - Terminal Commands

swpowe

I'm just trying out Alfred to see how it can help me be more efficient and my first question is about workflows.
I understand HotKeys are the most used method for launching workflows but I'm trying to accomplish something either with a hotkey and or something else. What I need to be able to do is to create say several workflows that are batch scripts and or terminal commands. I'd like to be able to trigger those "tools" with a single hotkey and then some way of selecting which script to run. For example, let's say I've got 10 different "Tool" workflows and I want to hit a cmd+t to trigger "Tools" and then either type text or select something or even another hotkey that would say "run tool script number 3". It's a two step "hotkey" similar to VSCode and their two step hot keys or the bringing up of the command palette and then running a specific command. Any suggestions? 

Edited by swpowe
  • swpowe changed the title to Brand new Alfred User - Terminal Commands

@swpowe The Powerpack unlocks a whole heap of brilliant features; Snippet text expansion, clipboard history, file navigation and the truly brilliant workflows.

You can see the full features list here and purchase a license when you're ready:

https://www.alfredapp.com/powerpack/

You'll then be able to launch your whole set of tools at once with a keyword / hotkey, or create a list to choose from. Your imagination is pretty much the limit :)

Cheers,
Vero

@Verohi there! More than happy to share my Alfred license and email. However, I have the same question and would appreciate your advice as well! I am also curious, if running a shell command, does it default to the same default directory as my default terminal, in my case iTerm?

12 hours ago, jbsf66 said:

if running a shell command, does it default to the same default directory as my default terminal, in my case iTerm?

Alfred doesn't concern itself with directories. The command will be run in whichever directory your terminal opens the new tab or window at.