Display custom .webloc file icon instead of system default?

I like having Alfred index a local folder of web shortcuts - mainly to web apps like slack, gmail , etc. This is handy because I can use finder tags to create categories and adding a new file is a simple drag and drop from DEVONthink. Only problem is Alfred seems to display the system default icon for all .webloc files, despite adding custom icons to the .webloc via finder cmd i. 

How can I get Alfred to display a custom icon I've assigned to a file? I've managed to hack something close by converting .webloc into .app files via Automator. This works ok, but seems like an unnecessary added step to an otherwise streamlined workflow. 

18 hours ago, brapstallion said:

How can I get Alfred to display a custom icon I've assigned to a file?

I don't think you can. I believe Alfred's built-in features only shows file icons for a very limited number of types (applications, preference panes, folders). For regular files, it shows filetype icons instead.

You can tell Alfred to show custom icons easily enough with a Script Filter, but that means re-implementing your search yourself as a script. It's also not straightforward if you want to search on tags as well as title/domain.

• 1 year later...

+1 for this feature request. Personally I use .url files, but the idea is the same.

@Andrew because then the bookmarks are only in Alfred. The main reason I'm not just using browser bookmarks is that I want to organize my bookmarks alongside related notes, images, project data, and other files, which lets me find everything in one place when I browse, edit, delete, back up, sync, version, share, etc. This feature is more important to me than icons.