8 Accent Color-aligned Monterey Themes for Alfred

Chris Messina

I spent the weekend making eight Monterey-inspired themes that are designed to be used with the system Accent Colors based on this request from @hootle.

👔 Download here

My intention is to fork @AlexMartinFR's Mojave Alfred Accented Themes workflow to make it possible to change Alfred's theme from command palette. I looked into this process and it's more involved than I had hoped due to the obscurity of Apple's APIs for changing both the system appearance (easier) and the AppleHighlightColor (hard). If anyone wants to help me with this, let me know!

Preview:

montery-blue-light-preview.thumb.png.7c685616f92aa51b5ea93ead2ba65f46.png

montery-blue-dark-preview.thumb.png.a8ecb1750957d17e4bfff4e340172df9.png

Here's a quick video with instructions for syncing your Alfred theme with your System Appearance:

d8eeb95b28474db991da7c6dbf2407a1-with-play.gif

Edited by Chris Messina
added instructions for syncing theme + appearance

• 1 month later...

Amazing themes, Chris! 

I just want to ask something, where did you get your icons for your workflows/custom web searches? I'm trying to find some optimally scaled icons like yours to perfectly fit the theme.

Also I saw that you have a macOS/Alfred theme changer workflow. Where did you find this? I would love to download it!

5 hours ago, Hans said:

I just want to ask something, where did you get your icons for your workflows/custom web searches? I'm trying to find some optimally scaled icons like yours to perfectly fit the theme.

I made them! Check it out: https://chrismessina.gumroad.com/l/alfred-icons

The theme changer is from @AlexMartinFR. I still want to work with him to update what he has to support more themes.