The shortcut to add an item from clipboard history to the end of currently typed alfred command

40-02

Would you please consider adding the shortcut (for example, `cmd + enter`) to paste the selected item from clipboard history into the end of the previously typed Alfred command? 

Let me show the example of my workflow where it can be used:

0. So I typed the command "brew install " in Alfred using brew workflow (which surely would be faster to do in terminal, but it serves good for example purposes. )

And then, I want to paste the name of the brew package from clipboard history. (which I copied on some site a few seconds ago and copied some text after). And without such shortcut for accomplishing this, I must:
1. Open clipboard history

2. Choose the needed item

3. Copy it into the clipboard

4. Activate Alfred

5. Hit the right cursor button (as typed on the 0 step command is in Alfred)

6. Paste the value from the clipboard

UPD: 20220116
So If I had the feature as I imagine it, my workflow would be:

0. Type "brew install" and remember that I recently copied the package name.

3. Use the shortcut to concatenate the previously typed command with the chosen item. 

4. Open clipboard again

5. Use the shortcut to concatenate the previously typed command with the chosen item. And so on.

Edited by 40-02

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 9:57 PM, vitor said:

The proper way to achieve this would be to add a Universal Action to the Workflow. It would allow you to go from Clipboard History directly to the Workflow.

In my case, I've got to add a universal workflow to trigger the keyword "brew install", and I must create all such universal actions in advance, which can be avoided If there were a requested feature. 

Also, the way you suggest doesn't allow the use of several items from clipboard history in one query. 

So If there were a Universal action to add an item from clipboard action to previously typed command in Alfred, this would allow me to achieve what I want. 

4 hours ago, 40-02 said:

and I must create all such universal actions in advance

You do not. That’s what the Workflow Keyword Input checkbox in the Universal Actions preferences is for.

4 hours ago, 40-02 said:

the way you suggest doesn't allow the use of several items from clipboard history in one query. 

Neither does yours. You specifically asked for:

On 1/4/2022 at 4:08 AM, 40-02 said:

to paste the selected item from clipboard history into the end of the previously typed Alfred command

Which is only one item. That solution wouldn’t work with multiple items anyway, unless there was some kind of file buffer for clipboard items. As you described it, as soon as you pressed the shortcut Alfred would switch from Clipboard History to the main search bar.

What you seem to be asking now is not for Alfred to add the text to the previous typed command but to invisibly add it and auto-run it, which would be antithetical to Alfred’s design. What you’d need for that are External Triggers. You can’t have it both ways.

Right now, what gets you closer is the solution above and/or SequentialPaste.

As to your initial idea, its interface isn’t clear at the moment. You explained in detailed steps what you do right now, but not how your desired feature would work from a user’s perspective, exactly what one would do and see.

Vitor, thank you for the explanation! I'm sorry for the lack of clearness. I updated the original post and added the desirable sequence as I imagine it: 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, 40-02 said:

UPD: 20220116
So If I had the feature as I imagine it, my workflow would be:

0. Type "brew install" and remember that I recently copied the package name.

3. Use the shortcut to concatenate the previously typed command with the chosen item. 

4. Open clipboard again

5. Use the shortcut to concatenate the previously typed command with the chosen item. And so on.