Have a bash script with functions available in workflow

Hi,

I have a workflow with plenty of different actions all evolving around a similar data set. E.g. a lot of workflows start by first having the user select from a list of available data to act up on. Right now I do this by having a Script Filter as a start which then has a bash script to generate this list, and this bash script I copy around over and over. After the user chooses an entry from the list, I then need to run another script to resolve that item to a path or URL to then do something with it.

Since this is a lot of copy and paste and it makes it really annoying when you find a bug in the script and have to then fix that same issue in 10 places, I would love to have a bash script that is shared in the workflow that just exposes a couple of functions, so that in the Script Filter action, I could simply say something like getSourceList() and then in the next script phase resolveIdentifier(${1}).

Is this possible somehow? I don't seem to find any way to add a shell script to a workflow that is imported at the beginning of every script in the workflow.

Thanks for your help!

I'm more talking about the fact that you can actually put a script inside of the workflow folder without Alfred touching that + Alfred invoking the scripts so that they are running from inside that folder.

Having even just a button that would open this folder would make it clearer that this is actually something you can do, although what I would love to see is to have these files actually be represented in the grid similar to a script phase.

6 minutes ago, virpio said:

Alfred invoking the scripts so that they are running from inside that folder

You may also be interested in External Script as the Language.

7 minutes ago, virpio said:

Having even just a button that would open this folder

It’s the square to the left of Cancel.