Problem with workflows that use Python –

Hi there,

For some reason, all the workflows I'm using which rely on Python render the following error message : "/usr/bin/python: No such file or directory". Typing "which python" in the terminal tells me it's available in /usr/local/bin/python but it now appears impossible to do a symbolic link between /usr/local/bin/python and /usr/bin/python. I've searched the web for hours and I'm a little bit of a noob but I can't find a solution. Could anyone help?
Many thanks in advance,

You should have searched the forum…

Apple removed /usr/bin/python in the last minor release of macOS. The forum is full of messages about broken Python workflows.

You can't symlink to /usr/bin unless you turn off the SIP security system (not recommended).

The long and short of it is, you or somebody else will probably have to port the workflow to Python 3

@vitor Thank you for your comment. I've already read this thread and tried re-downloading Python 2 via Homebrew as the article suggests, but to no avail. I even have the problem for workflows such as ZotHero which got updated, so I'm thinking I might have an a different problem.

Edited by itsmevictor

@deanisheFor some reason I missed your comment. Thank you for it. Mac OS Monterey might indeed be the problem, but I'm wondering whether something else is also playing a part in it, since I for instance downloaded the modified ZotHero version which you uploaded, but I still have troubles running "zotconf" which tells me "Code 127: env: python: No such file or directory". Any suggestions?

Edit: I tried running Fixum to fix the Python-related workflows, but even Python sends me back to the /usr/bin/python problem.

Edited by itsmevictor
4 hours ago, itsmevictor said:

but I still have troubles running "zotconf" which tells me "Code 127: env: python: No such file or directory".

I missed zotconf in the fixes. ZotHero has a bunch of objects and doesn’t directly call python like most others, so tracking down everything isn’t as obvious. Fixed now.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Rayyan Munir said:

Will we have to wait for Alfred 5 or a future update, or is it entirely dependent upon Apple's MacOS privacy restrictions?

Privacy restrictions? This is due to Apple removing the language runtimes, it’s not related to privacy. Nor is it fixable by Alfred alone, this is something Apple fundamentally changed.

4 hours ago, Rayyan Munir said:

I was wondering if there was any update on a fix

It’s the comment above.