Alias Homebrew Apps — Create shortcuts to Homebrew formula app bundles

Setup

Set the formulae you want linked in the Workflow’s Configuration.

Usage

Alias your Homebrew Cellar apps to the Applications Folder via the brewalias keyword. This will allow them to be indexed by macOS and found.

brewalias.png

macvim.png

To trigger the workflow from a terminal, define a brewalias command in your shell’s startup files:

alias brewalias='/usr/bin/osascript -e "tell application id \"com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred\" to run trigger \"build\" in workflow \"com.alfredapp.vitor.aliashomebrewapps\""'

⤓ Install on the Alfred Gallery | Source

Edited by vitor

When reporting issues, please include your exact installed versions of:

• The Workflow.
  • Alfred.
  • macOS.
In addition to:
  • The debugger output. Perform the failing action, click “Copy” on the top right and paste it here.
  • Details on what you did, what happened, and what you expected to happen. A short video of the steps with the debugger open may help to find the problem faster.
Thank you. Accurate and thorough information is crucial for a proper diagnosis which allows me to help you better.

Hi Vitor, thank you for your awesome workflow! When using it, I encountered some problems and wonder if you could help a fix.

I compiled emacs from scratch using `homebrew install --HEAD emacs-mac`, and ran your shortcut. This is what I see.

image.thumb.png.55d842218a814ab0cd6cce8e05eae6b9.png

I'm not sure why the prefix is `/System/Volums/Data/`?

• 11 months later...