Focus switching to fullscreen app last used after activating workflow

tschoof

I started a playlist in Spotify in fullscreen mode, switched back to my desktop, then ejected my harddrive via Alfred's functionality, and the focus switched back to Spotify.

I wasn't able to immediately replicate the bug, but I have experienced several times w different workflows over the last few days, the focus switched back either to Spotify or iTunes.

Alfred Version 2.0.2

OS X Version 10.8.3

Hope this helps, thank you guys!

I started a playlist in Spotify in fullscreen mode, switched back to my desktop, then ejected my harddrive via Alfred's functionality, and the focus switched back to Spotify.

I wasn't able to immediately replicate the bug, but I have experienced several times w different workflows over the last few days, the focus switched back either to Spotify or iTunes.

Alfred Version 2.0.2

OS X Version 10.8.3

Hope this helps, thank you guys!

Hi Tim,

I've tried to replicate this using the apps, and cannot repeat what you're describing. Having said that, this is likely to be outside of Alfred's hands since the eject command tells OS X to eject a drive but doesn't instruct OS X on how to do it, or what to do after it completes the task.

Personally, I've noticed behaviour relating to using full screen apps to be a little inconsistent in OS X. I can only assume OS X tries to fall back to the next focused app and its logic isn't quite what you expected. As such, there isn't really anything Alfred can do to change OS X's behaviour here.

Edited to add: I'm moving this to the Closed forum as this isn't a bug in Alfred. :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Tim,

I've tried to replicate this using the apps, and cannot repeat what you're describing. Having said that, this is likely to be outside of Alfred's hands since the eject command tells OS X to eject a drive but doesn't instruct OS X on how to do it, or what to do after it completes the task.

Personally, I've noticed behaviour relating to using full screen apps to be a little inconsistent in OS X. I can only assume OS X tries to fall back to the next focused app and its logic isn't quite what you expected. As such, there isn't really anything Alfred can do to change OS X's behaviour here.

Edited to add: I'm moving this to the Closed forum as this isn't a bug in Alfred. :)

Cheers,

Vero

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Probably it's a OS X problem, since it happens in relation to sound output and system stuff like ejecting HDDs. Hope Apple will fix that :)